- Full time
An exciting permanent job opportunity with a reputable business based in Northampton
Varied accounting exposure with an International business, great for career development and new opportunities
My client is a large commercial business with a strong brand and market presence.
They have an immediate requirement to strengthen their team by bringing in a proven Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis.
They are offering study support and a great team working environment for the successful candidate who wants to add value and take ownership of this Assistant Accountant role.
The role of Assistant Accountant will include a number of key responsibilities including:
- Assistance in month end preparation and reporting of accounts
- Period end duties and audit preparation
- Financial accounting duties including journals, accruals and prepayment
- Fixed asset reconciliation and management
- Intercompany recharges
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Involvement in forecasting
- Invoicing responsibilities
- Ad hoc analysis, accounting projects and administration
The successful candidate will have previous commercial exposure in all-round accounting functions and duties, so that they can assist and support the team in all aspects of the accounts function.
Balance sheet reconciliations and knowledge of fixed assets is key in the Assistant Accountant role.
You will also need to possess exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ideally accounting qualifications will be advantageous in this role although not a necessity, however it is vital that you are a self starter who has lots of initiative and possess a strong work ethic, always striving for success.
Excellent career development and remuneration package, study support, commercial accounting exposure