BR Assistant Director
Robert Half are very pleased to be asked again to recruit for a long term client of ours a Top 10 firm accountancy practice firm based in Leeds.
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Chartered Accountancy Practice BR Senior Manager who has a desire to become an Assistant Director.
The purpose of this role is to proactively manage a range of projects of various sizes and complexity, with limited input from senior colleagues, as well as being responsible for guiding junior team members.
Alongside this you will continue to develop your existing relevant technical and accountancy knowledge through on-the-job experience and a variety of training opportunities. In addition, there are a range of opportunities to become involved in business development initiatives.
About the Role
- Assume day to day responsibility for the delivery of a range of projects (both in terms of size and complexity) in both the Advisory and Insolvency streams, project managing assignments to resolve the majority of issues prior to Director/Partner involvement
- Support senior members of the team to deliver on a range of assignments, providing strategic input where necessary and deputising for directors / partners as required
- Provide on the job training and guidance to junior colleagues, ensuring that a variety of challenging work is provided to aid retention and career development
- Undertake financial analysis and prepare financial models
- Maintain a thorough understanding of statutory and compliance processes and deadlines
- Strong awareness of relevant risk issues and mitigants on assignments
- Liaise with other relevant professional advisers and stakeholders
- Assist in the sale of businesses/ assets
- Undertake high level investigations
- Be involved in the marketing of the firm's services to potential clients and work providers, proactively seek out new work
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (ICAEW/ ACCA), with an appropriate amount of advisory and/ or insolvency experience
- An insolvency qualification is desirable, but not essential
- Up to date understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and IPS
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Have a willingness to learn new things and thrive on new challenges
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
What's on offer:
- Attractive salary plus bonuses (The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training)
- Car Allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- and more
If you would like to be considered, please send your CV by applying to this advert.
Not for you? but still looking for a change or potentially open to 1st time move to industry please still let us know as the market is very busy at the moment and it is likely that we will have a role that could be more appealing to you for further details please contact our Head of Accountancy Practice & Advisory Recruitment Kinga Pridka 0113 242 8978.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.