Audit & Accounts Manager
Robert Half is working with a firm of chartered accountants who are currently looking for an Audit & Accounts Manager candidate who is looking to develop their skill set and join a passionate, close-knit accountancy firm in Leeds.This will be the perfect job opportunity for a candidate looking to progress and who thrives on a challenge. To be successful in this Accountancy Job you will need to be highly client focused and a confident communicator.
Working with and managing a portfolio of audit and non-audit clients, with a focus on owner managed companies, the Senior will work directly with the Partners of this fast growing Leeds based Chartered Firm.
The positions are client facing roles, establishing strong relationships with business owners and directors across the region.
About the job:
- Acting as a key point of contact for the clients in your portfolio. This includes reacting quickly to client needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the engagement and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Responsible for the performance and management of a portfolio of small, medium and large Limited company clients, operating in a variety of sectors
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, being a main point of contact throughout the year for queries and support
- Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients' businesses and any developments within it
- Complete engagements within agreed budgets and timescales and identify potential opportunities for additional billing
- Manage staff resources to ensure engagements have the right mix of knowledge and skills required within the team assigned
- Ensure that the firm's risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times
- Identify and recognise service line opportunities with new clients
- Play an integral role in the recruitment, retention, development and motivation of the team
- Acting as a representative of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps up-to-date of the wide range of services the firm offers
- UK ACCA or ACA. Alternatively, be able to demonstrate significant qualification by experience
- Significant prior experience of managing a portfolio of audit and non-audit clients
- Significant experience of audit testing and accounts preparation, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures
- Strong technical ability with a working knowledge of recent developments in relation to audit, accounting and tax compliance
- Be able to quickly earn trust and respect amongst senior management, the wider team and with clients
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and a high level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
What's on offer:
Come and work for a recognised employer of choice, where our client can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors.
The package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of their company culture, Our client has office locations across the whole world and they are a strong believer in developing their staff throughout their career:
- Competitive salary (The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training)
- Great Holidays Package
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Great employee discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
If you would like to be considered please send your CV by applying to this advert.
Not for you? but still looking for a change or potentially open to 1st time move to industry please still let us know as the market is very busy at the moment and it is likely that we will have a role that could be more appealing to you for further details please contact our Head of Accountancy Practice & Advisory Recruitment Kinga Pridka 0113 242 8978
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.