Audit Manager - Banking and Insurance
Grant Thornton has experienced significant growth in recent years, and is regarded as the accountancy firm with the greatest organic growth in Ireland. Grant Thornton International has continued to achieve substantial growth annually, and is the 5th largest international accountancy network globally. In Ireland our Financial Services offering has grown considerably over the last number years. Our Financial Services audit division has experienced exceptional growth and arising from this growth we are seeking to strengthen our existing Banking and Insurance audit teams with managers to meet the needs of current and future clients.
You will be self-motivated, capable of working on your own initiative and have the ability to manage audit and assurance engagements. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
Duties & responsibilities
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Associate Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to development of your technical knowledge and that of your team
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with developments in financial services nationally and internationally
- Continue to develop client relationships and business development
- experience in Banking or Insurance
- qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification) with strong experience in auditing and controls testing;
- experience in the financial services industry is required with a focus on one or more of the market sectors outlined;
- experienced at managing teams;
- working knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and/or Irish GAAP;
- the ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines;
- excellent communication skills both written and oral;
- strong technical knowledge;
- capable of working on your own initiative;
- commercially aware;
- ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice; and
- strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- internal audit experience desirable but not essential
- financial reporting experience desirable but not essential
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.