Well established multi–state non–profit is in search of a financial analyst with a passion for numbers that matches their passion for community.
The Financial Analyst is a process and relationship management position that supports financial planning and analysis functions for one or more business segments. The position partners and supports geographic and program leaders to achieve positive results by helping manage and grow programs. This position has a dotted line reporting relationship with one or more geographic district directors and line of service leaders and serves on one or more district or line of service leadership teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as the needs of the organization change.
Financial, Operations, and Strategic Support:
1. Manage the annual planning and quarterly forecast processes in the assigned portfolio of responsibility.
2. Analyze contract and grant terms to provide financial alternatives to managing program revenues and costs;
3. Partner with operations to optimize operational performance and deliver on short and long–term financial objectives;
4. Implement standard key metrics and performance measures for key business drivers (financial and non–financial) to support long term performance and strategic objectives;
5. Prepare financial modeling for new opportunities, new business development, cost–saving projects, capital expenditure evaluation, competitive analyses, and business line, customer, line–of–service, and program profitability;
6. Assist in developing in–depth financial analysis for trends in revenue, cost, pricing and profitability across contracts, lines of service, regions, and key funders; and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
?? Proven analytical skills to translate numbers into strategy and solid business recommendations
?? Advanced data modeling and Microsoft Excel skills to design and evaluate complex scenarios to drive business decision–making
?? Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), especially revenue recognition and accrual accounting.
?? Passion for relentless improvement
?? Communicator of ideas and concepts in writing and verbally
A combination of the experience, education, and training listed below which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
?? Minimum of 3 years of financial analysis and financial modeling
?? Minimum of 1 year experience in an organization dependent on contract–based revenue
?? Cost analysis or cost accounting experience
?? Experience with data modeling
Education and Training:
?? Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business administration required; Master's degree preferred.
Licenses or Certificates:
?? Professional accreditation (current or past) as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst desirable.