Senior Researcher - Audit & Assurance
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50+ countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently recruiting for a Senior Researcher – Audit & Assurance to join our Business Reporting team (part of our Professional Insights team). This is a permanent role based in London.
The Professional Insights team is responsible for the anticipation and recognition of external developments in the business and regulatory environment in which ACCA operates, and for the development and delivery of high quality, professional and innovative research and thought leadership outputs on key issues positioning ACCA as a global leader in the accountancy profession. The Business Reporting portfolio specifically focuses on Audit and Assurance, Corporate Reporting, Business Law and Taxation.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Generating high-quality professional thought leadership content on the key issues relating to ethics, audit and assurance impacting business sectors, entities of different size and complexity in many different ways. This area has been subject to deep scrutiny, thus making ACCA’s voice crucial. Thought leadership content will need to be tailored for communication to ACCA’s internal and external audiences
- Developing and representing ACCA’s response in relation to consultations from key accountancy regulators and standard setting authorities
- Working closely with, and influencing, key external stakeholders to ensure ACCA’s contribution to the development of policy and practice in key and topical issues pertaining audit and assurance
- Leading the delivery of ACCA Global Forum for Audit and Assurance, attended by a number of prominent figures in the education and accountancy world.
- Advising key internal and external stakeholders on the main issues impacting the audit and assurance profession, being able to dial up or down as needed the technical message. This will ensure ACCA is able to deliver strategic objectives in leading the accountancy profession globally.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a professionally qualified accountant
- Has expert knowledge of and enthusiasm for the issues relevant to audit and assurance demonstrated both through a senior-level network and profile in key communities within the Business Reporting Portfolio environment, and other communications or engagement
- Has a track record in the creation and dissemination of content-rich research and brand management activities to business audiences, the ability to develop policy positions in relevant areas and project management experiences and skills
- Is flexible and versatile with the ability to deliver within a dynamic business environment
- Has excellent interpersonal and team working skills with the ability to build strong relationships
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension and life assurance
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan, dental cover, cycle to work scheme and much, much more
- Flexible working and a great working environment
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply’ for more information and to apply.