Accounting and Finance Manager
- Full time
Are you passionate about helping people acheive life changing vision through refractive surgery?
Do you want to effectively apply your skills and years of expertise in accounting and finance in an engaging, dynamic environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we are looking for you! An exciting career opportunity working for one of the most respected and accomplished eye surgeons in Northern California. With a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks, the Accounting and Finance Manager will be responsible for the day–to–day financial and revenue management activities of a busy ophthalmology practice. The Financial Administrator will use a state–of the art Electronic Health Records system and Quickbooks software to ensure that patient accounting is accurate and timely, medical insurance coverage is verified and claims submitted promptly, revenue and expenses are reported, and that monthly financial accounts are reconciled accurately and on time.
About Furlong Vision Correction
Focused on helping patients decide the best course of action based on their vision needs and lifestyle, it's no wonder that Furlong Vision continues to earn the esteemed Angie's List Super Service Award and the praises of its referring doctors. Furlong Vision Correction has been voted as "Best place for LASIK by the San Jose Mercury News Group Best In Silicon Valley reader's poll for 10 years, and Dr. Furlong has been named the "Best LASIK Doctor" by Santa Cruz Good Times readers for five years running! The ideal candidate will join a caring, professional team, which collectively has more than 240 years of eye care experience. The individual who fills this position will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, a rewarding work environment, and have an opportunity for a fulfilling long–term career.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE MANAGER
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all bookkeeping, including daily accounts payable and receivables, weekly bank deposits and monthly reconciliations with QuickBooks. Also includes AP reconciliation and posting of invoices, check and credit card expenses.
- Reconcile daily batch report in EPM system and payment postings with bank deposits, credit card processing system (Transaction Central), and financing transaction receipts. Balance and close daily batches.
- Reconcile bank accounts for deposits and expenses. Monitor credit card accounts for activity and balances, including limits and due dates for payment.
- Coordinate and facilitate bank reconciliations with our accounting agency. Complete monthly accounting close within 5 days after month end.
- Run payroll and report payroll and benefits contributions bi–weekly.
- Track and report all monthly royalty and co–management payments for LASIK/Cataract/RLE patients. Reconcile monthly co–management and royalty reports with licensing partner.
- Update and maintain database of co–managing affiliates with support from Affiliate Relations Manager.
- Process accounts payable bi–weekly, reconciling invoices and statements with payments by check and credit card and entering transactions into Quickbooks.
- Update cash flow revenue and expense projections for bi–weekly financial review meeting. Generate month end financial reports (A/R, P&L, Balance Sheet, Revenue, Cash Flow) for executive review.
- Coordinate and reconcile insurance billings with our third party medical billing services, including posting patient charges and payments for elective procedures, and monitoring patient self pay and insurance A/R. Knowledge of medical insurance eligibility and benefits verification and ophthalmology coding a plus.
- Assist patients with questions regarding their accounts, payments and balances. Process refunds as approved. Oversee collections for past due accounts.
- Assist Executive Director with tax filings, updating and maintaining financial reports and cash flow projections.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years experience with general accounting and bookkeeping, preferably in a medical office or physician practice.
- Proficiency with Quickbooks or other accounting software required
- Experience with medical insurance billing and coding desired
- Experience with electronic practice management and medical billing systems desired, NextGen and Waystar a plus
- Must be proficient with Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Experience with financial and variance analysis required. Ability to reconcile and balance financial accounts and systems accurately and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent experience highly desired
- Team player with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective time management, organizational and prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Well–groomed, professional appearance and demeanor.
- Self–driven, goal–oriented individual, able to work with minimal supervision
MOTOR, SENSORY, AND PHYSICIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout office however approximately 75% of day is sitting.
- Keyboarding and phone use.
- Periodic assistance moving equipment and supplies. This may include stooping or stepping up on stools to reach shelves.
- Ability to speak and hear clearly to ensure proper patient education
- Looking at computer monitor 50 – 80 percent of work time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation range – $30–$35 per hour based upon experience. Position specific performance bonus available at discretion of manager/owner and subject to review.
Benefits – We offer medical/dental benefits, 401K with match, 3 weeks PTO per year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Furlong Vision Correction is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws relating to discrimination against qualified applicants or employees in hiring or in any decision affecting job status, pay, or any other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable protected classes.