The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller and partners with the Controller in the accurate & timely production of periodic financial reports and supporting schedules and assists in the maintenance of accounting records and the management of a comprehensive set of internal accounting controls. The Staff Accountant is also responsible for serving as an additional query writing & reporting resource.
- Process journal entries & create monthly financial package in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in annual audit process to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Participate in the ongoing development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Record revenue and expenses and reconcile to sub–ledger on a monthly basis.
- Manage bi–weekly payroll submission and record and reconcile payroll expense & accruals.
- Facilitate continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
- Monitor bank activity daily and complete monthly cash reconciliations.
- Review and monitor daily receivables including reconciliations, journals, and deposits.
- Process weekly accounts payable and reconcile & record expenses.
- Manage and record expense reports including reviewing details ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset and amortization schedules and record monthly expense.
- Accumulate all vendor and sub–contractor W–9 forms and manage annual 1099 process.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Combined 1–2 years public accounting & 1–3+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Access, Excel, Word & Outlook applications. Experienced in the use of pivot tables, databases & macros.
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Ability to work overtime to support special projects and departmental needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment in order to build rapport with all employees, subcontractors and clients.
- Exceptional attendance record.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.