The Office of Auxiliary and Enterprise Development is currently recruiting a Temporary Accountant to join their team of professionals.
The Temporary Accountant follows established procedures and performs detailed accounting assignments to ensure the accuracy of financial transactions in accordance with accounting best practices and established procedures. Records and reconciles financial transactions of the Festival. Monitors the Accounts Payable platform in PantherSoft to ensure payments are made in a timely manner.
- Conducts detailed expense/invoice review and records financial transactions, including procurement and travel actions
- Allocates real time expenses to individual event budgets
- Reconciles and maintains various accounts, records, reports, and journals, including the departmental P–Card
- Assists in the month–end and quarter–end close process including variance analysis.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Calculates and prepares reimbursement billings and refunds, as needed. Reviews and verifies accuracy of data.
- Prepares financial and/or auditor statements and schedules, as needed.
- Participates in on–site revenue collections or payment distributions in accordance with the university's Cash Handling Guidelines.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and two (2) years of directly–related experience or Master's degree in Accounting.