Internal Auditor- EMEA- FTSE 100 Marketing Company
Performing risk based financial audits across all company networks in the EMEA region. Reviews of financial controls, business risks and processes.
The client is a creative transformation company, committed to building better futures for their people, clients and communities.
The client is the world's largest marketing and communications services group. It owns leading agencies in advertising, digital, media and public relations as well as a leading group of consumer insight businesses.
Our client is a world-leader in communications, experience, commerce and technology, and home to many of the industry's most admired and successful agency networks.
In all of their companies, our client aims to create an environment in which everyone is treated equally and has the same opportunities to develop in their career. They aim to recruit, retain and engage the most talented people, adopting inclusive working practices and investing in our people so they can do great work for our clients. They believe that greater diversity, inclusion and gender balance leads to more rewarding and successful workplaces.
*The role offers the exciting opportunity to get paid travel to destinations across the world, offering new experiences and adventures which are fully expensed by the client
*This role operates in the EMEA region and is based in the UK. The role will require extensive travel across the region up to 70%
*A typical audit is of 2 to 3 week duration with a manager and 2 to 3 auditors
Reviews of financial controls, identification of business risks and reviews of business processes, occasional ad hoc assignments including fraud reviews and occasional controls based internal audit work and SOX testing.
*Audits start on a Monday and require outbound travel early Monday morning (for long-haul locations Sunday) returning Thursday/Friday evening each week (long-haul excluded)
*Staying over in the audit location city at the weekend during an audit may be possible, meaning you can spend your weekends travelling and seeing locations such as New York, Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore, Buenos Aires, Taipei, Seoul, Miami, Montreal, Toronto etc.
- Must have strong financial audit experience (financial services not relevant)
- Technical competency in accounting is essential
- A naturally inquisitive, assertive (not aggressive) tenacious character but pragmatic too
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Thorough and precise with report writing
- Effective time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Diplomatic and must be able to communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- £50-65k base salary
- Central London base
- Opportunity to get paid to travel the world, with 70% travel in the role
- Reasonable expenses are reimbursed.
- FTSE 100 company, employing 130,000 people, and with an operating income of £1,431 million
- Opportunity to work in a thriving and experienced team, with 4 managers and 7 auditors
- Opportunity to report in to the Deputy Director of Internal Audit, one of the best in her field
- Opportunity for career progression, with the option to move into core finance within the business