Property Accountant - up to $80,000 plus bonus
A stable real estate management firm seeks a Staff Property Accountant with experience in handling day–to–day accounting functions for a portfolio of residential properties. Position is based in midtown Manhattan. This is a good collaborative and work–life balance environment.
- Perform the day–to–day accounting and financial reporting associated with a residential real estate portfolio.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as needed.
- Perform reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Perform month–end close procedures and preparation of financial statements.
- Assist with general accounting functions such as accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Perform cash management responsibilities.
- Assist with review of commercial, retail and residential leases.
- Interface with external auditors and tax consultants.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- BA in Accounting / Finance or relevant discipline.
- 2+ years of experience with property accounting required.
- Proficiency with Yardi, MRI or similar software preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast–paced, multi–faceted environment.
- Be able to multi–task and be a team player.
Base Salary: $65,000– $80,000 plus bonus, 401k and health benefits.
Please send your resume for immediate consideration to:
We would like to be of assistance to you, or if you might know anyone who has an interest in these types of positions please forward them this ad.
*Celebrating over 35 years as one of the premier search/staffing firms serving the New York metropolitan area*