WHO WE ARE:
UM FDSP Associates PA is a non–profit agency established to administer the patient care clinics for the University of Maryland, School of Dentistry. We are located within the School of Dentistry in Baltimore.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to take primary responsibility for the month–end closing process and the generation of financial statements working closely with the Director of Finance for Clinic Operations.
The selected candidate will have strong accounting, computer and analytical skills to produce accurate internal and external financial statements and to explain the financial results to both internal and external stakeholders. The selected candidate will need to be both a strong team member and be able to work independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze automated postings from subsidiary systems such as Accounts Payable and Inventory Control.
- Analyze data from independent Revenue and Payroll systems and post appropriate entries to record activity in the General Ledger.
- Create and post entries for accruals and deferrals as necessary to produce high quality monthly and annual financial statements on the accrual basis.
- Financial Statement preparation and distribution.
- Financial analysis of all asset, liability, revenue, and expense accounts.
- Respond to requests for financial information from clinic leaders and school administration.
- Design reports for various users in Abila MIP, Excel, Access and our patient management system.
- Design and implement solutions involving new software and/or new procedures.
- Reconcile bank statements and related activities.
- Assist in preparation for annual audits. Respond to inquiries and make adjustments as needed to ensure a successful audit.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. The chosen candidate will be expected to perform other related duties as assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs as they develop over time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent with significant coursework in Computer Science or Information Technology is required. Five years of experience in a patient care or non–profit environment is preferred.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Ability to independently perform specialized tasks following stated procedures. Skill in applying analytical skills to problems where clear precedent may not exist. Skill in organizing and executing multiple assignments under specific time constraints. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact.
Comprehensive knowledge and high level of proficiency in Excel and accounting systems will be critical for success. Experience with VBA programming in Excel and/or Access is preferred.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Overtime and occasional weekend work may be required.
This job description is designed to give an outline of what job duties are expected of this position. As an outline it does not fully describe or limit the extent of the position's duties. The Corporation and its supervisors may amend the job description as it deems necessary, without advance notice. The job description is not intended to create an employment contract and should not be construed as such.