Keeps records of financial transactions for establishment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Handles and prepares checks receivable. Oversees processes for credit status reports of delinquent accounts.
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger.
- Reconciles and balances accounts.
- Posts vendor invoices and processes payments. Follows up on invoice discrepancies.
- Processes travel expense reports.
- Handles month–end closings including bank reconciliations, journal entries, monthly trial balances.
- Compiles reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
- Completes records to or through trial balance.
- Works with CFO to manage cash for MI based entities.
- Prepares and processes payroll using third party vendor services.
- Maintain and process company benefits for all employees and assists with human resource related matters.
- Performs credit checks for new customers.
- Maintain pricing in ERP system.
- Maintain supplier files and agreements.
- Maintains accurate records to support both field and office operations.
- Assists in preparing monthly statements to customers.
- Executes administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Facilitate annual audit with external auditors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires a minimum of three years accounting experience in a business environment; experience with cost accounting preferred.
- Proficiency through education or experience in database and computer applications required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting related discipline preferred; a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent people skills – clear and persuasive communicator
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of employment law
- Flexible and able to multi–task; able to work in a fast–moving environment with a demonstrated ability to set priorities.
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Up to date knowledge of shipping requirements, import/export regulations preferred
- Familiarity with SAGE suite of products preferred