Our client is seeking an experienced Credit Controller to join their large Finance team based in Abingdon.
Our client is a large business with a strong reputation as an excellent local employer in Oxfordshire. There is parking on site and they offer a generous benefits package.
The Credit Controller will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a ledger of live accounts
- Chasing the outstanding debt, by calling and emailing
- Building relationships with clients and being a point of contact for any queries
- Liaising internally with senior staff across the business regarding specific client issues
- Credit checking clients
- Sending out regular statements and letters for bad debts
- Targeted on maintaining low debtor days
- Checking remittances, invoices and payments
- Reconciling accounts
- Other ad hoc tasks when needed.
The Credit Controller will need to have:
- Previous Credit Control experience in a similar role
- Have a natural confidence and warm telephone manner
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong attention to detail
- Self motivated to hit cash collection targets
- Experience of ERP systems
The salary on offer is ranging from £23,000 to £26,000 depending on previous experience. There is also a bonus scheme and a generous benefits package on offer.