Indirect Tax Analyst (Portuguese, Spanish)
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The Baker Hughes Global Finance Centre (KL GFC) based in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, is actively seeking to add a number of Indirect Tax Analysts to our existing 60+ professional Indirect Tax Team to manage the Indirect Tax compliance and controls for a number of countries across the world.
We are looking for experienced Indirect Tax Analysts from both Malaysia and across the world, to support all the language requirements and various tax jurisdictions for the Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific Regions.
If you are ready to take on a bigger challenge and join a professional team of Indirect Tax Analysts to manage the calculation, filing, payment and reconciliation of international Indirect Taxes and have the following attributes, please contact BHGE immediately.
- Reporting to the Regional Indirect Tax Leads, to work with the other Indirect Analysts within the regional groups for the Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa and or Latin America regions to review and control all the Indirect Tax calculations from our various ERPs and to complete the periodic filing and payment of all Indirect Taxes (VAT, GST, Stamp Tax, With Holding Taxes, IVA, ICA, ICMS, INSS, PIS, COFINS etc.) for the country and legal entities assigned to you.
- Prepare and file all annual tax filings as required
- Liaise with external advisor to ensure all any changes in taxes are recognized and ERPs and tax filing is updated
- Document and communicate abnormal tax expenses to Operations and Management
- Reconcile all balance sheet tax accounts monthly
- Resolves or escalate any queries or issues received.
- Support all Tax and statutory audits
- Any other duties as required.
Essential Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- 2 -5 Years Indirect Tax Experience in any country and for any tax jurisdiction
- Possess strong analytical skills with proactive mind-set, with the ability to bring expert advice and problem solving skills to the team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with good spoken and written English.
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a diverse cultural team
- Other languages experience is added advantage
Preferred Qualification / Requirement:
- ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CA or equivalent professional qualification is an advantage.
- A proven ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams and to build and maintain network within and outside Indirect Tax.
- Possess positive thinking and attitude, professionalism, takes ownership of and accountability of the work product.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Team player and customer-centric attitude.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized accounting software, knowledge in SAP or Oracle will be added advantage.
- We are actively seeking Spanish & Portuguese speakers.
- Willing to work in Kuala Lumpur
Locations: Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.