3 days left
- Full time
This Finance Assistant role will involve supporting the Finance Manager & Finance Director in recording and retrieving financial details of the Company, including maintaining financial records, processing payments and cash handling.
My client is a rapidly expanding FMCG based in the heart of London.
Key responsibilities for this Assistant Accountant include:
- Working closely with the Finance Manager and Finance Director to ensure smooth operation of Finance Dept.
- Take ownership of purchase ledger & Sales Ledger functions.
- Matching invoices to statements and comparing against costing sheet
- Inputting accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy.
- Planning, organising and managing own workload.
- Ensuring timely payment of supplier invoices/ staff expenses.
- Input Bank and Cash entries and complete Bank & Petty Cash reconciliations
- Processing staff credit card / cash advance expenses in a timely accurate manner.
- Resolution of finance related queries in a timely manner.
- Liaising with other Offices to ensure all inter company transactions are completed
- Assisting with year- end preparation
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post.
Ensure tasks are completed in time to meet reporting cycle deadlines
The successful Finance Assistant will have:
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures.
- Awareness of the provisions of the Data Protection Act and ability to apply these within the organisation.
- Good level of competence in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and computerised accounting software.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload.
- A minimum of two years working in a Finance Department.
On offer to the right Finance Assistant candidate is the opportunity to work for a rapidly expanding company based in the heart of London. They are offering a very competitive salary and excellent benefits.