Permanent Credit control role for a large Services provider. The majority of the role will revolve around the collection of large quantities of recent and aged debt. This is a high volume role, requiring a credit controller who can effectively manage their own work load.
My client are a large services provider in Bishop's Stortford, with links into their London offices. They are currently recruiting A credit controller for their growing finance department. The finance department is developing and lively, requiring finance professionals with a genuine passion for what they do.
- providing a comprehensive Credit Control service, reviewing bill receipts and identifying and resolving discrepancies immediately
- Review aged debt lists regularly to identify bills that can be chased and ensuring that the debtors are contacted
- Chasing debtors frequently by telephone, email and letter
- Initiating meetings with department heads to discuss aged debts and client account balances
- Working knowledge of a Credit Control function and legal billing cycles
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules (desirable) and VAT gained through experience
- Commitment to delivering a professional service to the highest standards with a strong focus on client service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Proactive team player
- Self-motivated Credit Controller
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a confident telephone manner and strong writing skills
- Good level of IT skills, including Word and Excel. Ideally a working knowledge of Elite 3E or similar financial systems
What is on offer for the candidate?
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to develop pre-existing skills in a growing and friendly team
- Permanent Credit Controller role in Bishop's Stortford