Professor, School of Accounting & Finance
Competition Number: REQ 2546
TITLE: Professor, School of Accounting & Finance
DIVISION: Centre for Business
SALARY: Faculty Teaching Scale
LOCATION: 200 King St.E.
STATUS: Full Time Faculty
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 2019
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
- The successful candidate for this position will be able to teach students in all Centre for Business (CfB) programs.
- Teaching assignments in degree, diploma, advanced diploma and graduate certificate programs.
- Provides academic leadership and develops an effective learning environment for students through the design and delivery of curriculum.
- Defines and revises subject/program objectives. Devises and evaluates learning outcomes.
- Teaches assigned subjects, as well as tutors and advises students.
- Evaluates student performance/progress/achievements.
- Participates in the work of curriculum, program advisory and other committees.
- Remains current through consultation with community and industry representatives, as well as academic colleagues.
- Contributes to other areas of activity ancillary to the academic programs as needed/requested.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- A PhD, or PhD in progress required in business or related field from an accredited educational institution recognized by the College.
- A CPA credential is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s business experience and 5 years’ teaching experience, at the post-secondary level. Experience teaching online is preferred.
- Experience using course management software such as Blackboard is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning and proven approach to life-long learning.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Involvement in innovation and professional development related to teaching, use of technology, and student success.
- Effective ability to convey conceptual and practical aspects of subjects to students in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and learning needs.
- Commitment to diversity and equity are essential to interact effectively with the College’s diverse student and staff population.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
- If you are a George Brown College employee, go to https://adfs.georgebrown.ca/adfs/ls/IdpInitiatedSignOn.aspx to apply via our internal site.
- If you are an external candidate, go to www.georgebrown.ca and click on the “Employment at George Brown” link to apply or click on the ‘apply’ button to the left of the posted job to apply.
- Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role. Please include your teaching philosophy with your application.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
- First consideration will be provided to internal candidates in accordance with our Academic Collective Agreement.
Closing: Open until filled.
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and indigenous peoples. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca.