Financial Planning Analyst
Exciting opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to join a well-know engineering brand. Work closely with the Financial Controller and various senior stakeholders within the business to truly add-value and improve efficiencies.
Our client is a well-known brand within the engineering sector. They are recognised for offering excellent progression opportunities as well as state of the art training and development. The role will be based in North Bristol.
The successful Candidate will be responsibility for supporting the generation of the monthly P+L site forecast and annual budgeting including the creation and maintaining of financial reporting to assist in business planning and support in any continuous improvements which help drive ongoing process improvements.
- Co-ordination and production of forecast headcounts, sales, direct materials, overheads and labour costs for inclusion within ongoing budgeting and forecasting.
- Ensure all inputs are robust, fit for purpose and have been adequately challenged and reviewed. This should include the sales and cost of sales elements.
- Ensure commentary is completed which assists in explaining movements and variances across the key business drivers.
- Ensure forecast / budget data is loaded appropriately and timely into SAP.
- Administer the forecast and budget timetables to ensure all participants are aware of the timetable and the required deliverables (including meeting schedules) and for the final distribution of forecast reports.
- Publish monthly KPI targets used in the monitoring of business performance. These include headcount, sales, overtime, recoveries and scrap.
- Completion of monthly 'true-up' pricing calculations and associated journal postings. Responsibility of ad-hoc 'true-up' activities as requested.
- Support and develop process improvements which enhance the business forecasting. This should include encouragement of best practice amongst peers and the business to foster the most effective systems and processes underpinning forecasting and planning.
- Provide holiday cover for the Financial Planning Manager as appropriate
The successful Financial Planning Analyst:
- Educated to degree level
- Professional accounting qualification
- Proactive self-starter adept working to tight and changing deadlines. Attention to detail with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively and establish credibility across differing functions in a professional manner.
- Experience of Financial forecasting and planning
- Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting
- Understanding of financial controls and processes
- Experience working within a fast paced UK plc. environment
- Experience of working within the manufacturing and engineering sector
- Use of SAP
- Use of TM1
Basic salary upto £40,000 basic + additional benefits.