Manager Risk & Controls
See yourself in our team:
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
The Chief Controls Office [CCO] within Retail Banking Services [RBS] hosts the Core Customer Data, Customer Remediation & Financial Crimes portfolios.
The CCO Risk and Controls team manages the risk and controls environment including the risk profile, uplift of reporting and governance and the management of issues and incidents. Additionally, the team is also engaged across risk in change and helps drive thought leadership in bringing down risk and uplifting/enhancing the controls environment across projects that impact the CCO risk profile.
Do work that matters:
You will be accountable for the overall timelines of the remediation within your portfolio and managing the relationships with the Product team and the RBS Centralised Incident Remediation Team (CIRT) to maintain the backlog and deliver on prioritized remediation to the timelines agreed.
A key responsibility for this role includes:
You will be expected to perform the following tasks in a manner consistent with CBA's Values and People Capabilities:
- Uplift the Risk and Controls environment – Ensure that the inherent risks are understood, highlighted and baselined in the CCO risk profile
- The controls environment is uplifted by designing and building fit for purpose controls [key, compensating, detective and preventive
- Demystify risk frameworks – Ensure the portfolios are understood and operated within Group mandated frameworks and policies including the ORMF and Risk in Change;
- Enhance Reporting and Governance – Improve and industrialise the existing issues and incidents reporting
- Management of issues and incidents including identification, management, resolution and documentation
- Identification, understanding and documentation of Risks including RCSA and root-cause analysis
- Ensure the controls testing program is kept up to date and rigorously maintained
- Manage the RBS FATCA/CRS attestation to Group and work with L2 Compliance & LoBs to uplift governance and reporting
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Risk Management OR Audit
- Strong knowledge of building and testing controls – design effectiveness and operating effectiveness
- FATCA/CRS subject matter knowledge [Desirable or Willing to learn]
- Strong Oral and Written communication skills, proven experience in report writing and presentations
- The capacity to work in a busy, commercial, competitive environment and the ability to meet objectives / targets and deliver customer service.
If you are an experienced professional with a desire to take on complex work then we would love to hear from you!
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Applications close: 25 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.