Volunteer Accountant @ Not-for-profit organization addressing HIV/AIDS epidemic 
Are you an accounting professional looking to use your skills and experience to give something back to society and those less fortunate around the world? Perhaps swap London for Laos, Melbourne for Malawi or Boston for Belize!?
Accounting for International Development offers every type of accountant, from anywhere in the world the opportunity to use their skills to support a broad range of non-profit organisations globally. Volunteer Accounting Assignments of between 2 weeks and 6 months form part of our ongoing strategy to build the financial management capacity of charities in over 50 countries. Click APPLY for more...
Not-for-profit organization addressing HIV/AIDS epidemic 
Flights, Accommodation & Stipend
3 months (minimum)
Our partner addresses the scale of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the developing world by scaling up antiretroviral treatment. They developed programmes, working alongside governments and other partners, to lower the costs of treatment and help build the in-country systems necessary to provide lifesaving treatment to HIV/AIDS patients.
Over the last year, the organisation has experienced rapid growth in all areas. Their grant portfolio is now quite significant in size and complexity, with funding from institutional donors.
They recently hired an Accountant, with a background in public sector accounting to oversee the finance function; she is being supported by two members of the senior management / leadership team. In light of their growth and based on the recommendations they received from a recent audit report, they are seeking the support of a pro bono accountant to help them strengthen their control environment, accounting & financial management processes; and manage their grant compliance and reporting requirements.
Your role will be to:
- Review and strengthen their control environment, and update their accounting processes, ensuring that these meet best practice requirements. These will need to be done bearing in mind the demands of a larger, more dispersed office; and their complex grant portfolio.
- Develop accounting, financial management & other relevant organisational policies; ensuring that the new controls and processes and reflected in these.
- Review their use of Quickbooks, and support them in making the most out of the software.
- Support them in understanding and streamlining their grant compliance and reporting requirements. As part of this, you will likely support them in developing reporting tools from Quickbooks.
- Training the new accountant, and other staff as required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Need a fresh challenge... to do something worthwhile?
Keen to volunteer & share your skills & experience?
If that's a YES (x3) , please click to 'APPLY' and see other similar volunteering opportunities overseas.
We are confident you’ll encounter a variety of new and exciting challenges, share new experiences with inspiring people and learn skills that will give you confidence to face challenges in other areas of your life. You’ll be inspired and get back so much more than you give!