Associate Accountant x 3, Fund Accounting (Limerick)
Why choose a career in Fund Accounting with Northern?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Fund Accounting team has grown exponentially and we now have over 250 partners in our Limerick and Dublin offices
- Our Fund Accounting team provides an end to end Fund Accounting service onsite in Ireland which complements other client services provided in Ireland, such as Custodian, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services
- We invest heavily in our people and offer a customized, individually dedicated Fund Accounting training program to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Fund Accounting and Northern Trust Ireland
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
Northern Trust is currently recruiting entry level candidates to join our fund accounting team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a ‘best in class’ operation at the heart of our business. This is an excellent entry point into the fund administration business. Successful candidates will receive a mix of classroom and on the job training to become operational in the role.
- Assisting in the productions of daily, weekly and monthly Net Asset Values (NAVs).
- Issue NAVs accurately and within defined timeframes
- Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information.
- Own valuation process for assigned portfolios
- Escalating fund accounting issues and aged items to the Fund Accounting Team Lead
- Perform tasks under supervision of defined processes or procedures and check for errors. Ensure procedures in relation to above tasks are adhered to.
- Collect, enter and extract data and undertake analysis as directed. Assist in the preparation of client reports e.g. taxation, equalisation, funds under custody/admin. Resolve queries.
- Opportunity to become involved in mini projects or initiatives
- Assist other colleagues as appropriate.
- Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate.
- Client service orientation
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
- Third level qualification or pursuing a professional accounting qualification an advantage but not required
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.