Credit Risk Analyst - Mandarin speaker
My client a global bank in the heart of Sydney CBD are looking for a Credit Risk Analyst to assist and maintain risk management function, policies and procedure to enhance accountability, security and efficiency and improve a credit portfolio management and monitor the credit portfolio performance.
In broad accountability terms, the position is responsible for the following:
- Prepare regular credit management reports for the branch and head office on a timely basis, such as credit portfolio analysis report, general provision report, loan classification report, and country risk report etc.
- Liaising with other departments to review and verify Loan classification, undrawn commitment, and loan maturity. Investigate and report any irregularities and overdue.
- Administrate the in-house credit system to ensure daily operations in line with credit procedure and authorization.
- Monitor and verify the accuracy of data base in in-house credit system.
- Post-disbursement management of all credit exposures.
- Conduct credit portfolio analysis based on the in-house data on a regular basis, and provide credit portfolio report to management, such as credit portfolio analysis report, provision report, loan classification report, watch list report and country risk report etc.
- Conduct in depth analysis in relation to credit management to provide guidance on the business development, such as industry analysis, stress testing, etc.
Treasury Risk Management (this includes Market & Liquidity risk and ALM)
- Assist to prepare daily, weekly and monthly financial or risk related reports and provide an independent analysis and monitor the impact of macroeconomic events (such as interest rates, inflation, share price and cash rates)
- Assist with Branch ALM reporting (including regulatory reports-Scenario analysis, Liquidity Coverage ratio)
- Assist with reporting to Head Office
- Engage business-line risk managers to identify and resolve risk issues.
Research Work and Regular Training
- Research on the regulations introduced by APRA, ASIC and other authorities and ICBC Group in terms of credit risk management.
- Provision of regular credit training program for staff in the bank.
- Other research tasks assigned by the Management.
Operation management and Compliance
- Monitoring the operations of credit business in accordance with annual authority delegated by Head Office.
- At all time acting with honesty, integrity and probity.
- Familiar and effective maintain with internal system include but not limited to GCMS, all forms of internal models
- Supporting in helping Department Head with Ad Hoc Project include but not limited to Head Office Visit, APRA Review documents preparation
- Attend trainings, professional workshop and placement held by branch and H.O or external entities.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Suitable experience in local bank or financial institution, including foreign branches located in Australian market.
- Tertiary qualifications majoring in an appropriate commercial discipline.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Well developed knowledge of Australian Banking standards, as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements (eg. APRA)
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in English and Mandarin in a business environment.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Good/professional skill to handle excel and PowerPoint
- Previous project management experience.
- Ability to make quality presentations to both internal and external parties
- Previous experience liaising with local banking institutions.
- Strong Project Management and Excellent financial and analytical skills