Finalist/P-Q Management Accountant
This role will play a key part in the management team of my client and will provide the business with all required financial information and reporting, management of the finance team, and financial support to showrooms.
The client, based just outside of Banbury, have a large open plan office with plenty of parking. The role provides an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic team and a fantastic company with an excellent brand recognised in the marketplace.
Key Responsibilities of the Finalist/P-Q Management Accountant:
Management Accounts, Budgets, Audit and Tax
- Produce the monthly management accounts for review by FD, working to a strict timetable to meet Group reporting deadlines, and ensuring balance sheet accounts are reconciled and P&L variances are explained.
- Assist the FD with annual budgets and regular forecasts.
- Act as lead with the year-end auditors and ensure preparation for audit and working papers are adequate to minimise disruption to the normal working pattern.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns, produce monthly Intrastat and EC Sales, and liaise with Group around payroll and tax requirements. Ensure that National Statistics and other regulatory requirements are completed and submitted on time.
Management of Finance Team
- Manage the finance team ensuring that the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payables, and Cashbook requirements are met on a daily basis.
- Develop and train the team to be self-sufficient and effective at managing their workload.
- Provide support to the team when required.
Systems, Reporting and Process Improvement
- Work alongside the management team to help drive process improvement through the business, considering both the financial and commercial aspects of decision-making.
- Assist with the development of improved reporting and ensure that existing reporting is produced accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provide support to the Sales & Marketing Director, Area Managers, and Retail showrooms with the provision of useful information.
- Become a confident super-user of our ERP system to ensure that the business is not held back by system constraints.
- Produce weekly Cashflow reporting and monitor against forecasts.
Other Ad-hoc tasks (not exhaustive)
- Invoice and Expenses approval
- Bank and cheque signatory
- Work alongside the FD to ensure GDPR and PCI compliance
The successful Finalist/P-Q Management Accountant will have experience of working within a multi-site business and will be able to demonstrate excellent communication, management, and organisational skills. We are looking for a practical self-starter, used to delivering objectives to tight deadlines and able to coordinate and plan ahead. They will be happy to roll up their sleeves and support the teams when it is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong staff management skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and in particular Excel.
- Part-qualified (CIMA/ACCA)
- Experience of working in a multi-site business is preferable
- Experience of K8 Babbage would be an advantage
On offer for the successful Finalist/P-Q Management Accountant is a salary of up to £40,000 + study support for the right candidate.