Manager- Investigations A08
1 day left
- Full time
Queensland Corrective Services (QCS) plays a key role in the public safety of Queensland. The QCS, in partnership with other key criminal justice agencies, delivers community safety through the humane containment, supervision and rehabilitation of offenders.
About the Business Unit:
The Organisational Capability Division for QCS is responsible for providing a wide range of support services to facilitate effective and efficient delivery of correctives services. The Division is undergoing a transformative journey to re-shape its services delivery approach and ensure it is positioned appropriately to support the organisation in delivering its strategic goals. Thus ensuring effective governance, risk management, assurance, compliance and performance across each functional area.
QCS is committed to operate with the highest standard of workplace conduct with the Professional Standards and Governance Command (PSGC) tasked to deliver this. The purpose of PSGC is to build, drive and maintain a mature and corruption resistant culture that promotes disciplined ethical behaviour and professional practice through deterrence, education and systems improvements. The PSGC comprises of:
- Ethical Standards Group
- Intelligence Anti- Corruption Group
- Complaints Assessment Group
- Investigations Group
- Ethical Practice and Training Group
- Discipline Advisory Group
- Audit and Assurance Group
PSGC are now resourcing the Investigations Group which provides a really unique opportunity to join this Command in a green-fields phase. With immediate permanent opportunities across the team there is no better time to look at joining this Command.
Manager- Investigations Group (A08)
A08- PERMANENT ($132,000- $139,000 package)
- Reporting to the Director of ESG. Responsible for leading the effective conduct and management of all QCS investigators relating to suspected criminal and corrupt conduct, misconduct and breaches of the code of conduct.
- Oversee the investigations of any other matters as directed by the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner, and Director of the business.
- Build the capability of the Group and define QCS's approach to investigations including establishing and implementation frameworks and processes.
- Providing leadership and direction to the Investigations Group to ensure the effective and timely conduct of QCS investigations, in accordance with the legislative requirements and best practices methodologies.
- Develop relationships and engage with key stakeholders internally and externally in order to achieve effectively and timely outcomes for the QCS investigative process.
- Proven experience and results in managing an investigative function within a large and complex public sector organisation.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and implementing investigative policies, systems, frameworks and processes.
- Solid understanding of key issues, trends and innovative approaches relating to the conduct of investigations within a disciplined service setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislation, regulations and standards relevant to corrective services.
- Strong leadership skills. Proven track record in creating and maintain effective teams, driving performance and achieving effective service delivery.
ALL APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY NOV 1, 2019. ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THE FOLLOWING LINK WILL BE CONSIDER.
For further information about the role and this command, please refer to the following site https://corrections.qld.gov.au/careers/