Team Leader- Investigators A07
3 days left
- Full time
Queensland Corrective Services (QCS) plays a key role in the public safety of Queensland. The QCS, in partnership with other key criminal justice agencies, delivers community safety through the humane containment, supervision and rehabilitation of offenders.
About the Business Unit:
The Organisational Capability Division for QCS is responsible for providing a wide range of support services to facilitate effective and efficient delivery of correctives services. The Division is undergoing a transformative journey to re-shape its services delivery approach and ensure it is positioned appropriately to support the organisation in delivering its strategic goals. Thus ensuring effective governance, risk management, assurance, compliance and performance across each functional area.
QCS is committed to operate with the highest standard of workplace conduct with the Professional Standards and Governance Command (PSGC) tasked to deliver this. The purpose of PSGC is to build, drive and maintain a mature and corruption resistant culture that promotes disciplined ethical behaviour and professional practice through deterrence, education and systems improvements. The PSGC comprises of:
- Ethical Standards Group
- Intelligence Anti- Corruption Group
- Complaints Assessment Group
- Investigations Group
- Ethical Practice and Training Group
- Discipline Advisory Group
- Audit and Assurance Group
PSGC are now resourcing the Investigations Group which provides a really unique opportunity to join this Command in a green-fields phase. With immediate permanent opportunities across the team there is no better time to look at joining this Command.
Team Leader- Investigations Group (A07)
A07- PERMANENT ($119,000- $127,000 package)
- Lead, supervise, manage, coach and mentor a team of Investigators within the Investigations Group.
- Manage and conduct investigations into allegations of misconduct or corrupt conduct made against Agency staff in a timely manner to the utmost highest standard.
- Manage the training and professional development of your team.
- Prioritise a high volume of investigations to ensure that high profile and/ or high risk matters are investigated.
- Prepare and review investigation reports.
- Provide advice to Management and develop solutions to issues (operational and administrative) impacting the team's ability to undertake investigations.
- Identify opportunities for business improvements to ensure best practice in undertaking investigations and improve the operational performance of the Investigations Group, IPSC and QCS.
- Promote and nurture a positive team culture.
- Leadership and integrity expected of an experienced professional to manage sensitive and complex issues.
- Solid research and analytical skills and experience in preparation of investigation reports, executive documents within a government framework.
- Extensive knowledge of Government objectives, policies, procedures and relevant legislature.
- Excellent stakeholder's management skills.
ALL APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY NOV 1, 2019. ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THE FOLLOWING LINK WILL BE CONSIDER.
For further information about the role and this command, please refer to the following site https://corrections.qld.gov.au/careers/