Statutory Reporting Analyst
Responsible for supporting the team with accounting and reporting services, helping to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of accounting policy application, internal control, financial reporting, accounting systems support and delivery of financial accounting processes in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.
The Statutory Reporting Analyst ensures timely and accurate preparation and review of statutory accounts for the high complexity entities and full reconciliations from ledgers to statutory accounts and corporate reporting while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for outstanding customer service, operational excellence and compliance.
- Responsible in the preparation of draft statutory accounts for high complexity entities, director's brief, audit file, tax packs, quality control check lists, and any other documentation necessary.
- To support the delivery of timely and accurate statutory accounts and tax analysis and queries through liaison with the relevant Finance reporting teams, Group Tax and external auditors.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate preparation of tax packs for the assigned entities in line with relevant requirements, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and facilitate external audits as and when needed.
- Monitor open and overdue items and communicate and follow-up accordingly with the appropriate staff.
- Handle and coordinate the reconciliation of the systems to ensure they balance and that any discrepancies or variations are investigated and corrected.
- Implement best practices for the processes and actively identify, propose and implement continuous improvement opportunities in existing processes within the team.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge on the different statutory reporting requirements, as well as IFRS principles. Keeps self up-to-date with the latest standards and information necessary.
- Experienced with Group Reporting Manual and will need to be very familiar with Financial Control and Accounting standards and practices as well as internal reporting processes and systems.
- Liaising with stakeholders and colleagues in different time zones and potentially in different languages requiring rigorous coordination between teams.
- Required to work in an efficient and organised manner due to the heavy workload and tight datelines especially during the peak season.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Recognised Professional Accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA, MIA).
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) (if handling Malaysian entities).
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of experience in general accounting with a good understanding of relevant external financial reporting requirements and developments and the Group Reporting Manual.
- Experience of reporting processes and systems similar with BP is highly preferable
- Shared service centre experience will be added advantages
- Experienced with external audit
COMPANY SNAPSHOT Average Processing Time What does this mean?
This is the average time (based on historical data) this company takes to make initial evaluations and process applications."> More Than 2 Weeks
Registration No. 876587-W
Company Size 501 - 1000 Employees
Working Hours Regular and shift if required
Dress Code Formal and casual on certain days
Spoken Language English