Financial Systems Accountant
- Media industry business
- Financial Systems Accountant must have Management Accounts experience to be successful in securing role
My client is a leading brand in Media and communications. They are based in The city of London location wise and the role is a Financial Systems Accountant available for 9mths during a busy transition to maconomy system.
The ideal candidate must have financial experience, preferably Management Accounts back-ground. It would be a benefit if they had any previous experience with system implementation(s) and ideally some knowledge of Maconomy would be preferred, but that is not essential.
Duties will include:
- Take initiative to study and advise on work deliverables during the implementation, e.g. configuration, test scenarios, devote time to understanding the new Maconomy Core system.
- Join weekly & monthly meetings - both in person and/or remotely. Attend User Acceptance Testing (UAT), currently planned for end Feb'20 to beginning Apr'20.
- Become a "Super User" to play a lead role in training Agency personnel (users) for both UAT and Go-Live (June'20).
- Ensure Operating Company data is current, relevant, accurate & complete, as follows:
- Work with the country-level Data team, Finance and Ops business to ensure legacy data is closed and remediated until fit for migration to Maconomy Core
- Confirm transaction data completeness and accuracy
- Report any inconsistency to the Business Leads
Categorize and Confirm Data Mapping and Selection
- Identify and categorize all items of data required in the new system, eg. master and transactional data
- Confirm that transactional data reconciles to appropriate financial statements
UK specific data gaps
- Identify any UK specific data gaps and agree action plans to resolve (e.g. existing data that will not be taken across to Maconomy and any business impact as a result)
Maintain data manually where necessary
- Maintain data offline (e.g. in Maconomy upload format in Excel) where mapping from current systems is not possible or practical (e.g. Fixed Assets data which is not stored in a consistent format across OpCos, and any other data records or fields not maintained in current systems which in some cases is sensitive (e.g. employee records)).
The successful candidate must have a background in Management Accounts and have experience of going through a systems implantation. Ideally you will have worked in Media previously and have had exposure to Maconomy system.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Financial Systems Accountant or similar title already on their CV
- Have a sound understanding of Management Accounts, month end procedures
- Experience of communicating with none finance people
- Excellent Excel; look ups, pivots, knowledge of macros
You must also be able to commute to their city of London location and have an interest in the industry.
9mth FTC, based in The City of London location, £35-45k salary.