Manager - Performance Improvement — Finance - Energy
As markets rapidly change and develop, finance functions must demonstrate real added value to their business. As a finance advisor, you’ll use your experience and knowledge to help deliver greater insight – delivering functional efficiencies as well as transforming the role of finance in our clients’ businesses. You’ll be developing innovative, sustainable ways to improve the management of people, processes and systems, working alongside other finance professionals in high-performing teams.
Your key responsibilities
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams for some of the biggest, and most recognised energy companies in the region. You will help drive their business performance by identifying and delivering improvements in efficiency and effectiveness across the finance function.
You will be expected to build relationships at senior levels within client organisations: working with them to understand their business problems and priorities, consulting with your EY peers to evaluate solution options that you will be expected to design and deliver, motivating and managing your team, often across borders and always from a diverse set of backgrounds.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management – be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across different service lines
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients
- Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field OR Masters or MBA
- Approximately 5 years of recent relevant work experience in a leading business consulting organization or accounting organization
- Demonstrated experience in project-based engagements in the energy sector (i.e. oil & gas, electricity and water / utility companies) in any or the combination of the following areas: financial analysis, cost management, corporate services transformation and ERP implementations
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to interact effectively with both management and clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Relevant Professional qualifications e.g., PMP, CIMA, CPA or CFA / ACCA
- Experience in ERP system implementation and previous finance transformation experience
- Willingness to travel extensively across the region
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.