This is a very exciting opportunity to progress from an entry level accountant all the way up to Financial Controller level within a medium sized family business. My client is looking for an entry level accountant to join their team, which they can train and progress internally.
My client is a medium sized company based in the heart of London, providing services to buildings in around the central London area, they have recently grown and have now branched out into providing services within the M25 radius. They are a family run business where top level management are very close, ambitious but fair.
Key duties for this Accounts Assistant role include:
Responsible for keeping the ledgers up to date. Dealing with all customer queries and PO requirements, including all sales and purchase requirements.
Whilst accounting qualifications are not essential, it is required that the person has some knowledge of a Profit and Loss and understands the concept of double entry.
We are willing to support a study package if the successful candidate wishes to study in their own time. Full on the job training will be provided and there will be full support from the FC.
Duties to Include
- Processing and completing all purchase and sales invoices.
- Completing all bank recs and petty cash recs
- Posting credit card reconciliations
- Processing all monthly jnls including prepayments and accruals
- Ensuring all sales invoices are sent out and with correct PO numbers, updating invoices with PO's when provided
- Responsible for paying all suppliers
- Responsible for paying sub-contractor wages on a weekly basis
- Assisting in reconciling invoice financing (RBS) account and ensuring cashflow is always sufficient.
- Dealing with client queries, sending out Monthly statements and completing any credit control required.
- Credit checking new clients or raising proforma invoices for new clients
- Filtering calls
- Assisting Financial Controller
The right Accounts Assistant candidate will need to be adaptable, have a great work ethic and use their own initiative daily.
We will provide on the job training with full support from a part time Financial Controller. We will support anyone that wants to study in this field.
Skills Required -
- Excel (basic knowledge)
- Outlook email
- Planning & Prioritising
- Computer literate
Skills favoured -
- Xero Accounting Software
- Clik Software
- Managing Cashflow
- Problem solving
On offer the right Accounts Assistant candidate is an excellent opportunity to gain good investment and real progression from a medium sized business based in the heart of London. This is the perfect opportunity for a junior accountant to progress with their accountancy career.