Hotel Accountant – Maldron Hotel Tallaght
A fantastic opportunity is now available for an experienced Hotel Accountant to join Maldron Hotel Tallaght.
Objective of the Role
Reporting to the Hotel General Manager and Regional Financial Controller and the Hotel General Manager, the Hotel Accountant will provide business acumen to the General Manager and the Hotel Management team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The role will manage the day to day operations of the hotel’s financial department
- Ensure effective supervision of the financial department team
- Overall responsibility for the preparation of the monthly management reporting pack, including analysis of and commentary on performance
- Annual budgeting & weekly forecasting - partnering with the General Manager and Heads of Department to deliver budgets and forecasts that are both accurate and timely
- Presentations to Group Senior Management, showing current and forecasted business position and highlighting future opportunities plus any business challenges ahead
- Drive and lead our departmental managers in achieving our hotel KPIs
- Pro-active contribution to the overall property management with a particular emphasis on the maintenance of the control environment and cost management
- Drive the integration and standardisation of systems, controls and procedures
- Identification of areas where value can be added including revenue and cost saving opportunities
- We are looking for ambitious, confident and professional individual with strong communication, organisational, analytical and management skills.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality, food & beverage environment or within the retail sector.
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified or part qualified accountant.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- 2-3 years’ proven experience in an accountancy role.
About our culture:
Dalata Hotel Group – Ireland’s largest hotel group has a number of exciting positions on the horizon. As Dalata continues to grow and expand in Ireland and the UK it’s more important than ever to have the right team alongside us, in the near future we will be opening the doors of new hotels creating over 4000 jobs and investing over €110m in the Irish and UK economy.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. If you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things – individually and as a team. You will have the opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognised training programmes to aid your professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair working environment for our employees.
Dalata Hotel Group Plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.