Staff Accountant / Office Manager
Dynamic Role. Expanding Team.
The entrepreneurial and fast–paced role will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for performing all accounting functions, financial analysis, and operations tasks. The accounting aspects of the role will perform reconciliations, monthly close, financial projections, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and grants management. The entrepreneurial aspects of the role involve working with the CEO on special projects related to company operations, venture fundraising, new infrastructure, and other projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated, highly responsible, and task–ownership candidate who can manage deadlines, prioritize workload, have exemplary attention to detail, organize a workflow with a large quantity of items to track, and maintain day–to–day accounting functions. Candidates should have a rapid approach to problem solving, including the ability to distill the most critical pieces of information quickly and to prioritize tasks accordingly.
Position expectations : 40+ hours/week with less than 5% travel.
Compensation : $70k–90k
- Healthcare benefits.
- Paid Time Off.
Accounting & Finance Summary
- Lead the daily accounting workflow consisting of monthly receivables, weekly payables, general ledger, monthly closing process, monthly variances, and reporting.
- Lead the billing and collection process. Coding and inputting A/R invoices and payments and reconciling to open AR reports. Organize the Company's corporate credit card reconciliations.
- Prepare financial reports, budgets, and forecasts and other fiduciary responsibilities to assist with corporate venture fundraising.
- Prepare financial budgets for federal grant and contract related compliance.
- Serve as the company point of contact with external partners and vendors to track purchase orders, provide financial documents, payments, purchase orders, etc.
- Manage external accounting firm to ensure accurate compliance.
Operations Leader Summary
- Prepare Quarterly Reports for the Board of Directors.
- Participate in focus projects with CEO, such as performing corporate counsel to conduct the growing needs of the business.
- Create new infrastructure for reporting, documentation, and accounting.
- Assist with contract negotiation and legal agreements with third parties.
- Assist the CEO with team growth by identifying candidates, interviewing, and performing new employee onboarding.
- Manage company personnel benefits including maintaining employee files, entering of payroll, tracking employee sick/vacation time.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; advanced degree preferable.
- 6 years of experience in accounting , with at least 3 years of operations experience.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, proactive thinking, and productivity in a fast–paced, entrepreneurial and team–oriented environment.
- Candidates must be familiar with direct and indirect costs, overhead rates, G&A, and GAAP and other federal grant cost principles.
- Experience with venture financing as well as federal grant reporting.
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software.
- Maintain other relationships related to financial practices including banks, insurance, vendors and clients.
- Proven effectiveness in time management, attention to detail and organizational skills.
Please send (1) resume and (2) cover letter to
Job Type: Full–time