Construction Subcontracts and Audit Accountant
What You Do
As our Construction Subcontracts and Audit Accountant you will perform a variety of accounting functions within the subcontracts group including but not limited to reviewing, analyzing and auditing subcontractor cost substantiations and processing subcontractor invoices ensuring the timely accurate payment.
- Prepare, review and / or process subcontract and subcontract change orders and purchase orders.
- Review executed subcontracts and supply agreements, identify and apply third party requirements to verify accurate subcontracts and cost data.
- Enter data, scan and attach documents from subcontracts and invoices into accounting system to ensure complete records.
- Generate subcontractor checks.
- Collaborate with project managers, subcontractors, and others in accounting to communicate and resolve issues.
- Analyze subcontractor cost substantiations through the application of standard auditing techniques including testing of data and selection and review of samples to evaluate accuracy of costs.
- Review AP Aging and other payables related reports to resolve issues related to subcontractor and supplier pay applications.
What You Bring
- 2+ years of directly applicable college education and/or work experience in a construction accounting office.
- Advanced knowledge and skills of Excel functions and capabilities.
- Strong desire for continuous learning.
- A detail oriented nature and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to research and provide solutions when issues with subcontract invoices, change orders and purchase orders arise.
What We Offer
At Sellen Construction, we build careers. On–going professional development through on–the–job learning and specialized training is key to our teams' success. As our Construction Subcontracts and Audit Accountant you'll have the opportunity to cross train with your supervisor and develop an understanding of the larger subcontract approval processes, helping to identify issues, and suggesting improvements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer providing:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- Incentive pay
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) and retirement matching
- College tuition savings matching
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Subsidized health savings account
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time off
- Transportation assistance
Sellen Construction is a locally owned general contractor and one of the largest builders in the Puget Sound region. We build places you know; hospitals, markets, high rise workplaces, and landmarks in our community where people live and work. Headquartered in South Lake Union since 1947, we have a strong accounting team, established processes, and we invest in the systems we use. Our people bring great ideas to work and build their career at Sellen because of the culture here. We believe in the value of hard work, we strive for excellence in everything we build, and we partner to solve problems.
Our Hiring Steps
- Apply! We want to hear from you. We read every resume, and our talent acquisition team is ready to learn more about you.
- Interview in–person in our South Lake Union office or by video conference with your future manager.
- Learn more through follow up interviews with your future coworkers.
- We move quickly when we find a great match.