Audit Coordinator - Winter Seasonal
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re–imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Audit/Vault Coordinator position performs two distinct functions simultaneously. The Audit function is responsible for verifying the timely and accurate recognition of revenue through a process of testing controls using reports and cashier back–up. The audit staff works closely with the resort's revenue generating departments, including Ticket Sales, Ski School and Food & Beverage, to insure they are adhering to sales and cash handling controls. The Vault function is responsible for managing the resort's operating cash, including the distribution and collection of cash to various resort departments in order to support their business needs. Candidates should have excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
Job Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Verify 100% of revenue using reports and cashier back–up.
- Report revenue of manual sales locations via PC data entry.
- Maintain records in a neat manner for fast retrieval.
- Count money quickly and accurately.
- Handle large cash transactions with various departments/employees accurately.
- Excellent service skills to both internal and external customers.
- Communicate effectively with employees/managers from other departments.
- Must be very attentive to detail, possess great organizational skills, and ability to work independently.
- Maintain a safe work environment for employees and guests.
- Assist in other accounting duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to commutate effectively in English.
- Must pass background check.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds or more.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Previous accounting experience.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full–time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We're famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close–knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country.
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 175988