Accounts Payable Representative
Responsible To: Accounting Manager
Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for processing accounts payable and providing support and assistance to the accounting department.
Primary Tasks: Accounts Payable Representative
1. Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices/expense reports; recording entries.
2. Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying Federal ID numbers; resolving payment discrepancies; and acts as a liaison between departments and vendors in resolution of problems and inquiries as they relate to payables.
3. Processes checks for payment of accounts payable and deliver with supporting documentation to authorized check signer(s) on a weekly basis.
4. Prepares, maintains, issues, and mails 1099 vendors.
5. Pays employee by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
6. Distributes signed checks as required.
7. Reconciles all vendor accounts and maintains all vendor files, while also answering vendor inquiries.
8. Maintains account ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
9. Review and process all vendor invoices weekly.
10. Maintain all electronic vendor files ensuring consistency and accuracy.
11. Scan documents as required, bookmark PDF files when applicable, and file correctly.
12. Promote and practice CAN Community Health, Inc.s mission and values and follows its policies and procedures.
13. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
Secondary Tasks: Accounts Payable Representative
1. Research and select cost effective vendors as needed
2. Assist accounting department with preparation for fiscal year end audit, gathering documents which include accounts payable invoices and corresponding check copies.
3. Updates job knowledge by participating in continual education opportunities.
4. Perform all other duties assigned.. Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Accounts Payable Representative
1. Good communication skills.
2. Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
4. Problem solving/analysis skills.
5. Knowledge of computer software programs
QuickBooks Enterprise Solution 18.0
Microsoft Office, Word & Outlook
6. Knowledge of bookkeeping and basic accounting skills and procedures.
7. Data entry and general math skills.
8. Ability to focus on details, thoroughness and organization.
9. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast–paced and high–volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
Education/Professional: Accounts Payable Representative
• High School diploma, college degree preferred (experience may substitute)
• Three years of accounting experience
• Experience with Accounts Payable procedures.
Physical Requirements: Accounts Payable Representative
1. Neat professional appearance
2. Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
3. Requires repeated walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20lbs.
Machines/Equipment & Tools Used: Accounts Payable Representative
1. Networked Computer System
2. Multi–line Telephone
3. Fax & Other Business Machines / Technology