Integrations Business Analyst
About TRN Systems: –TRN Systems is a technology company that partners with clients to achieve dramatic performance improvement through enhanced customer insight and management. Our focus is on businesses where the effective application of customer insight distinguishes market leaders, and where more effective management of customer relationships creates success.
TRN Systems Inc. has a requirement for an Integrations Business Analyst to gather and document the application and system requirements for several projects under development, develop test plans, perform systems testing, coordinate user acceptance testing, and provide support for problem tracking and resolution. Services will also include the support of the refinement of existing systems development life cycle methodologies and Project Management Office standards and practices as needed.
Must Haves: State Government Experience and Experience with court or legal background
The integrations business analyst will be responsible for analyzing and assessing user issues, and work with other team members to perform systems review and problem solving in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Document existing systems and/or business processes.
- Interview users to determine functional requirements for new development and enhancement projects.
- Work with Judiciary personnel as needed to develop test plans and coordinate testing efforts.
- Work with technical leads and developers to understand, develop, and refine project technical requirements.
- Assist in the development and refinement of systems development methodology processes and artifacts as needed.
- Assist in the tracking and reporting of project status as required in support of project and Project Management Office efforts.
- Provide input to and support for the development of Project Definition documents used to establish initial project scope, cost and resource estimates, impact on existing activities, and estimated return on investment.
- Perform data analysis in support of projects and develop database inquiries as needed.
- Coordinate use of business analysis, project requirements, test planning and tracking, and problem reporting and tracking tools throughout projects within JIS as needed.
- Assist JIS project managers, as needed, with the coordination of requirements gathering and test planning activities.
- Conduct Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions and coordinate business unit review and approval of project functional requirements and test plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, end users and vendor development staff, as well as all levels of management and judicial personnel as necessary.
- Master s Degree in Information Systems preferred
- Minimum 7 years of total IT experience
- Experience with UML and other tools used to capture and document user and functional requirements
- Practical knowledge of systems development life cycle principles and methodologies
- Experience with NIEM / JIEM data modeling
- Experience with requirements capture and tracking software
- Experience with XML and SOAP protocol software
- Experience with court or legal background is preferred
- Database knowledge logical, relational
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Mentoring skills highly desired
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse IT organization
– provided by Dice