Associate/Senior Associate - Corporate / Commercial Lawyer - Sydney
- Opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility early in your career
- Choose a career that connects you globally on a daily basis
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
The team continues to grow and we are now recruiting corporate/commercial lawyers to join us on our journey. We are seeking an associate level corporate/commercial lawyer with between 2 - 7 years post-admission experience to join the Sydney arm of our growing corporate practice. You will be working alongside the Corporate Law team which operates as an international law firm. This role has great opportunities for progression for the right candidate.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Managing corporate and commercial transactions
- Drafting transaction documents (both international and domestic) for a mixture of M&A, group re-organisations and public markets work
- Develop your career by receiving excellent mentoring from highly experienced lawyers and taking a hands on approach to developing the juniors who will report to you.
- Experience working on private M&A transactions, public market transactions and/or cross border debt and equity restructures
- Demonstrate strong technical skills
- Natural relationship building and inter-personal skills
- A detailed understanding of the corporations law, particularly around corporate governance, securities law, debt and equity instruments, fundraising, capital management (share buy-backs, dividends, reductions of capital)
- Excellent communication skills and keen attention to detail
- Experience as a corporate and commercial lawyer in an Australian top-tier, mid-tier, boutique law firm or BIG 4 legal practice
- An appreciation of the ASX Listing Rules
Who are EY Law?
We are part of the expanding EY legal network which is an international law firm with offices in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. EY Law has a truly global footprint, comprising over 2200 lawyers across 80 countries. Whether acting for a client in a single legal capacity or as part of a formal multi-service EY engagement, our direct access to EY's international network ensures clients receive an efficient, streamlined and cost-effective service.
We work closely with our assurance , tax , transaction and advisory colleagues, we draw on extensive experience beyond the borders of law to provide multidisciplinary services. Our Law network brings together legal specialists around the world, and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Learn more about EY Law here
What working at EY offers
- Formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- Career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- An extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Make your mark. Apply Now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $82,000 including 9.5% superannuation.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.