The Financial Analyst directly reports to the senior finance manager and is responsible for providing financial information through analysis and reporting. The FA identifies risks and trends that enable department leadership to make informed decisions, recommends improvements to systems, methods, practices, policies, and procedures via the following responsibilities:
Financial modeling and forecasting:
- Provides analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
- Organizes information from a variety of sources for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Collaborates with all levels of management, both internally and externally, to gather, analyze, summarize, prepare, and present recommendations regarding financial activities.
- Researches information to help resolve issues and make recommendations.
Financial analysis and reporting:
- Analyzes information and creates accurate and timely reports.
- Ensures financial reporting meets the compliance needs of internal and external users.
- Extracts data from multiple sources.
Financial methods and systems:
- Recommends methods to improve practices, processes and systems.
- Works with internal and external contacts to carry out department objectives.
- Provides a high level of service that cultivates and maintains strong working relationships and effectively communicates information; takes ownership and accountability for timeliness, accuracy and relationship management.
- Translates unit finance objectives into priorities.
- Reports financial issues and risks and makes recommendations.
- Contacts appropriate stakeholders to include in communications and approvals
Compliance and risk management:
- Establishes, implements and/or maintains strong internal controls in areas of assigned responsibility to provide reasonable assurance of effective and appropriate resources use, accurate financial information, and adherence to contractual obligations and agreements, policies, procedures, and external regulatory requirements.
Skills & Abilities
1. Positive attitude
2. Excels in fast–paced environment.
3. Excellent ability to work in a team environment.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Excellent ability to organize information
6. Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality
7. Ability to independently plan, schedule, and prioritize in a busy, multi–tasking
8. Ability to resolve any conflicting demands
9. Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
10. Possess a high level of customer service with strong desire to help others succeed
11. Possess interpersonal and relationship–building skills to provide professional
representation of the department and organization
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business
- Two years of related experience with demonstrated application of financial, accounting, and economic concepts.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree
- Four years of related experience with demonstrated application of financial, accounting, and economic concepts.
This position is a 6 month contracted position with a stong possibility for becoming a permanent hire, based on performance.
To be considered– in addition to LinkedIn– you MUST submit a resume (in pdf format) and a cover letter to .