The job is an ideal role for someone with previous finance experience and is looking to join a business that can offer progression within a growing team. The role is as an accounts assistant in a very varied role which will suit anyone looking to develop their all round finance capabilities.
The client is a large retail business based in Worthing which is constantly growing and adding to their team. The business have a great staff satisfaction and progression rate all down to the warm and supportive environment of the team.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role are:
- Supporting the Management Accountants in month end processes, including journal preparation, inter company postings on the Finance system and reconciliation of some control accounts.
- Processing sales ledger invoices, reconciling payments and maintaining clean sales ledgers. This will include closing sales ledgers within 3 working days of month end.
- Managing daily trade payments, through PayPal, BACS and cheques and assisting with any queries.
- Importing bank statements into accounting system daily.
- Disbursements from the platforms to ensure regular cash-flow.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Processing purchase ledger invoices and checking back to purchase orders.
- Liaising with suppliers to request invoices, confirm payments and answer queries.
- Monitor and maintain our purchase order system, ensuring all spend is authorised in line with purchase orders.
- Preparing weekly payment runs for suppliers.
- Setting up bank transactions such as transfers and payments for expense claims and one-off purchases.
The successful candidate will:
- You will have a good academic record, before moving into a finance role with at least 12 months experience. You will have demonstrable experience of purchase and sales ledgers, alongside cash and bank.
- The nature of the role means the individual will need to demonstrate a highly methodical approach to work. This methodical approach will manifest in excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- To excel in the role, you will perform tasks with extreme accuracy, taking pride in your work. This will lead to constant self-reviewing of your own work.
- Given the importance of the role to the core finance function, you will be working with colleagues in our team and across the wider business. You will therefore need to be an excellent communicator, proactively tackling issues and advising the business of any issues or challenges.
A range of benefits
22 days holiday + bank holidays