Robert Half are recruiting for a global manufacturing company based in central London. The client is looking to recruit an Accounts assistant to join their growing team.
The accounts assistant role for the global manufacturing company based in central London consists of the following responsibilities:
To work within the head office Finance function to aid with finance and reporting. The role also includes accounting support for a trading subsidiary.
Head Office accounting
- Accounts payable duties.
- Processing sales invoices, purchase invoices and expenses
- Weekly payment runs
- Reconciling statements
- Managing queries and payments
- Processing journals
- Monthly/Quarterly VAT returns
- Month end processing including reconciling all balance sheet accounts
- Monthly P & L and Balance Sheet Reporting
- Budgeting and reforecasts
- Full preparation of management accounts to trial balance
- Year End processing
- Preparation for annual audit
- Updating the company's treasury loan schedules
- Ensuring interest payments are made on time
- Bank reconciliations
- Bank administration
- Daily cash reporting for the Group
Managing and supporting of the accounting functions to include
- Checking of monthly accounts (performed on site)
- Assistance in the preparation of Board reports
- calculating and submitting of VAT returns
To be a successful applicant for the accounts assistant position for global manufacturing company based in central London you must meet the following criteria:
Qualifications & experience
- Previous experience within a finance department
- Looking for progression within management accounts
- AAT qualified or studying towards ACCA / CIMA qualification
- Computer literate with good IT skills, especially the use of Excel spreadsheets
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic style, ensuring attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Comfortable working within a small office and ability to work using own initiative and unsupervised where necessary
Robert Half are recruiting for a global manufacturing company based in central London. The client is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join their growing team.
Salary & Benefits
£25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
plus, a company bonus
plus study support towards AAT / ACCA / CIMA qualification.
The salary range/rates of pay are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.