This role is based at our client site in Dublin 2. You will work as part of the Finance Team which is responsible for financial management of a large scheme, monitoring tasks performed by the back office, preparing financial reports for management and co-ordinating compliance and financial audits. Reporting to the departmental Financial Controller, the Finance Team is seeking a new member whose primary focus is preparation of accounts to Trial Balance. As a member of the team you will also be responsible for monitoring costs versus budget, and preparing reports including key performance indicators for management and stakeholders. You will be supervising tasks performed by our back office as being completed to standard and on time. This is an excellent opportunity to work with in a SOC2 compliant environment.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner:
- Preparation and analysis of balance sheet reconciliations at month end;
- Supervision of bank reconciliations.
- Calculation, posting and analysis of monthly accruals and prepayments, ensuring that all items are accurately captured;
- Monitoring financial performance versus budget.
- Preparation, analysis and posting of journals at month end;
- Preparation of variance analysis and standard cost updates as required;
- Provide cost information to management and other departments as required.
- Support in communicating results and issues to other departments and stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc tasks
- GL Accountant with at least 3 years plus post qualification experience in plc, or similar SOC2 environment
- Accounting Qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Third Level Degree or equivalent
- Must have 3- 5 years relevant experience in a plc, audit or government environment
- Strong attention to detail and excel skills essential
- Ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines in team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of a plc or SOC2 environment desirable
Grant Thornton is Ireland’s fastest growing professional services firm. With over 1,350 people in 7 offices across Ireland and 53,000 located in over 130 countries around the world, we bring you the local knowledge, national expertise and global presence to help you and your business succeed – wherever you’re located. We deliver solutions to all business challenges. Clients choose us because the breadth of financial and business services they need is available, delivered innovatively and always to the highest standards. At Grant Thornton we are committed to long term relationships.
Grant Thornton operate from offices in Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Kildare, Limerick and Longford.
Read more at https://www.grantthornton.ie/about/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.