Senior Credit Risk Executive, Institutional Banking
Do work that matters
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Commonwealth Bank Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. IB&M Risk Management is responsible for the oversight and risk management of IB&M’s activities in Australia and internationally in New Zealand, London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong & Shanghai. IB&M is structured along six industry-aligned ecosystems.
As a vital member of deal teams, this Risk Management role requires a proactive approach to customer focus and productivity ensuring as far as possible that client timelines are met, combined with an ongoing assessment of process to ensure the credit risk process is as productive as possible.
You will be confident, capable of providing appropriate challenge in complex structuring discussions and be able to work as part of a cohesive team and may have responsibility for line management and development of a Risk Associate/Executive.
You will have a high level of interpersonal skills and an understanding of other deal team members’ roles and contribution will enhance your impact and reputation as well as increasing the quality and quantity of the final decision.
See yourself in our team
You will be responsible for the risk management of a portfolio of clients within the Industrials, Transport & Consumers Risk team. Ensure authorised frameworks and systems are effectively used in the management of risk/credit decisions so as to achieve an optimum outcome for the Group. Contribute to business by consistently providing a high level of customer service.
In any given week you will
- Be responsible for the risk management of a portfolio of IB&M clients including origination activity, periodic credit reviews, exposure monitoring and breach reporting.
- Work as part of deal teams to analyse clients, prepare credit submissions and provide risk recommendations. This will include providing guidance on deal structuring, approval processes and policies.
- Present transactions as the accountable Risk Executive at various credit committee forums.
- Understand the impact of industry issues and change in internal/external credit environments on the credit quality of clients in the IB&M portfolio.
- Identify, monitor and escalate any credit deterioration and industry thematics across the portfolio.
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great career opportunities both within the Risk Management leadership team and beyond in the wider CommBank Group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Relevant extensive experience in an institutional banking or risk management position, ready for a new challenge
- Tertiary qualification (or equivalent) in a finance related discipline.
- The ability to understand lending structures and analyse the credit, product and operational risks on specific transactions
- Demonstrated collaboration, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Advanced presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with transaction execution and reviewing legal documentation is essential.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Applications close: 07 Nov 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.