Description of business unit
Group Internal Audit (GIA) together with Credit Review, forms the third line of defence for the Bank of Ireland Group. Our purpose is to provide independent insight and opinion to key stakeholders on the effectiveness of the Group's risk management and internal control frameworks.
You can find more about GIA on our Insite page. There you will see how we are organised, how we align to the Group's strategic priorities and our Ways of Working, including how we work in an agile manner.
Purpose of the Role
Working as part of a professional audit team you will assist in providing independent, challenging and risk focused assurance that meets our key stakeholders' needs. Some of our stakeholders include the Group Audit Committee, Court Risk Committee, senior management and regulators in Ireland and the UK.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the key priorities, risks and challenges facing the Group.
- Work effectively and proactively with colleagues in GIA to evaluate internal controls and processes in order to provide objective and challenging risk based assurance.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with management and other relevant key stakeholders.
- Participate in the planning, execution and reporting of audits/reviews ensuring effective sharing of lessons learned and best practice.
- Support the delivery of a rolling programme of assurance activity in order to evaluate and report on the effectiveness of risk management and the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group's systems of internal control.
What is the opportunity?
Join our dynamic team that is leading the way in agile auditing. This is a unique opportunity to view the Bank through a holistic lens. You will work closely with stakeholders across the Group to provide 'Independent Insight and Opinion'. Enjoy a culture which is passionate about putting our values into action and Growing In Ambition.
- Professional or third level qualification, preferably in Information Technology or similar
- Relevant ISACA certification such as CISA, CISM or equivalent professional qualification is required
Essential Skills & Experience
- Prior risk management or internal audit experience, preferably with technology experience
- Good understanding of the Group's key businesses, priorities and challenges, in addition to the regulatory environment in which the Group operates.
- Strong communication and influencing skills including the ability to interact effectively at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Track record that demonstrates integrity, resilience, sound judgement and independence.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic team-based environment.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality work within challenging timeframes.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- IT and Security risk management experience
- Manage Risk: People Manager
- Customer Focused: Self
- One Group, One Team: Self
- Accountable: Self
- Agile: Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Oct 31, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.