Project Accountant #294 @ UN Agency
Project Accountant #294
c. £42,000 - £44,000
1 year FTC
Our partner is a UN agency working on a range of human rights issues. They are seeking a project accountant, to support them in providing financial oversight, guidance, monitoring and reporting for projects funded by institutional donors, specifically DfID and the EU.
- Working with programmes managers to review and monitor programmes finance, ensuring expenses are properly accounted for.
- Responsible for grant compliance & reporting, including ensuring integrity of supporting documentation, monitoring the system for accuracy of records, responding to donor & audit queries, and undertaking grants close-outs as required.
- Carrying out month-end closures
- University degree in accounting, business or finance, with 5 years of experience in an accounting/finance role; part-qualified and qualified candidates considered.
- Experienced in project accounting and grants compliance, monitoring and reporting (specifically DfID & EU), within an INGO.
- Business partner with strong communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance staff.
- Culturally sensitive
- Able to demonstrate the UN Agency’s values of inclusion, integrity and professionalism
- Excellent command of the English language; French and/or Spanish desirable.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.