This is a varied and indepth Finance Manager position for a well known Company based near Banbury. The role of Finance manager will report to the Finance Director and will supervise 3 transactional staff members.
Michael Page are delighted to be exclusively partnering this market leader within Retail with their search for a talented Finance Manager situated near Banbury.
Management Accounts, Budgets, Audit and Tax
- Produce the monthly management accounts for review by FD, working to a strict timetable to meet Group reporting deadlines, and ensuring balance sheet accounts are reconciled and P&L variances are explained.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns, produce monthly Intrastat and EC Sales, and liaise with Group around payroll and tax requirements. Ensure that National Statistics and other regulatory requirements are completed and submitted on time.
- Act as lead with the year-end auditors and ensure preparation for audit and working papers are adequate to minimise disruption to the normal working pattern.
- Assist the FD with annual budgets and regular forecasts.
Management of Finance Team
- Manage the finance team ensuring that the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Cashbook requirements are met on a daily basis.
- Develop and train the team to be self-sufficient and effective at managing their workload
- Provide support to the team when required.
- Systems, Reporting and Process Improvement
- Assist with the development of improved reporting and ensure that existing reporting is produced accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provide support to the Sales & Marketing Director, Area Managers, and Retail showrooms with the provision of useful information.
- Become a confident super-user of our ERP system to ensure that the business is not held back by system constraints.
- Produce weekly Cashflow reporting and monitor against forecasts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong staff management skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and in particular Excel.
- Qualified/Finalist Accountant.
- Experience of working in a multi-site business is preferable