Financial Accountant - Cambridge
Robert Half Cambridge are currently working with an award-winning biotechnology company who are recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join their finance team based in Cambridge.
Overview of role
Day to day duties of The Financial Accountant will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain the financial ledger of a legal entity in compliance with Group Accounting Policy, local tax codes, government regulations and filing requirements.
- Book ledger entries to reflect financial activities in compliance with above (may include some or all of: accruals, fixed assets, stock/inventory, accounts receivables, accounts payable, expenses, payroll, cash, tax)
- Participate in monthly close activities including fixed asset accounting, local entity accounts, time recording, provision for bad debt
- Lead the Bad debt provision and credit control processes.
- Manage the fixed asset ledger
- Preparation of VAT returns, EC sales and Intrastat reporting.
- Supervise Transactional team and activities with a hands-on approach, ensuring accurate and timely AP/AR postings including invoice posting to AP and AR ledgers when required.
- Assist in the management of local treasury activity including bank reconciliations and credit card postings, forecasting, deposit cheques, etc when required.
- Participate in audit activity, ensure journal backup documentation is complete, organised, and easily accessible.
- Ensuring absolute accuracy of GL accounting and all financial reports, timely account reconciliations
- When required support GL journal postings and in other areas to ensure accurate ledgers
- Maintain compliance with financial controls
- Communicate potential risks and opportunities when identified
- Support the development of new systems, processes and reports
- Other ad hoc responsibilities as determined by the Finance Manager
The ideal candidate Profile:
- Highly accurate and good attention to detail
- Able to work well on own initiative and manage a team.
- Hands on approach to various tasks and suggestions for process improvements.
- Experience of Microsoft Office with very good/Intermediate level knowledge of Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience would be desirable
Salary & Benefits
Role of Financial Accountant is paying up to 44k plus excellent benefits
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.