This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join a rapidly growing team working for an IT company on a temporary basis to assist with various Finance duties. The role is based in South East London and will require good working knowledge of Sage Line 50.
My client is a wellbeing analytics platform built on compassion, by people who understand what it's like to care for a loved one. With their IT knowledge they have created a device which can detect patterns of decline in wellbeing and notify caregivers even if they are not present. Due to rapid growth they are looking for a Finance Assistant to help out the team with a backlog of invoices.
Location: South East London
Roles and duties:
- Ensuring all transactions - sales and purchase ledger - are properly recorded in the finance system
- Ensuring all expense claims are processed and paid in a timely manner
- Managing the purchase order process
- Liaising with the Front of House to replenish office supplies
- Bank reconciliations
- Reconciling customer/supplier statements
- Preparing and producing monthly payroll
- Logging starters and leavers onto the payroll software, and ensuring all new starters have completed their onboarding process
- Managing employee monthly pension payments and other benefits
- Assisting in the reconciliation and preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Dealing with pension contributions and paying the pension provider in a timely manner
- Accurately inputting information on starters and leavers and reconciling with the finance system
The successful candidate:
- Worked as Finance Assistant in a similar role
- Previous payroll knowledge ESSENTIAL
- AAT qualified or studying towards achieving an accounting qualification
- Immediately available
The successful candidate will be paid £12-14 per hour.