This is a fast paced and agile Senior Group Accountant role for one of Oxford's most well-known and respected Businesses. This role opportunity is extremely visible within the Company and sits within the Senior Management Team based at their Head Office in Oxford.
The role of Group Accountant is a newly created position within this exciting Business. The Business has experienced continual growth since their inception.
Michael Page are delighted to be exclusively partnering this exceptional Business with their search for a Senior Group Accountant.
This is a new role and requires a future leader who shares the Group's vision and will be self-starting in driving forward its delivery whilst having good judgement on keeping the Senior Finance Team well briefed on key issues and work streams.
The role contains a large amount of ad hoc work, assisting the Senior Finance Team across a wide range of tasks including:
- Year-end reporting,
- Company secretarial,
- Strategic planning,
- Balance sheet analysis,
- Budgeting and various other external reporting.
In addition, you will be expected to be the point of contact for technical finance excellence regarding IFRS, including the implementation of IFRS 16 and Group consolidations.
- A formal accountancy qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent relationship management and project management skills
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge of statutory & tax compliance
- Highly organised and flexible with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- IFRS experience is essential; experience of IFRS 16 desirable
- Must have previous experience with preparing statutory accounts
- Commercial awareness