Manager Performance Reporting
See yourself in our team
The Group Performance Reporting (GPR) team consolidates, analyses and reports on the Group’s operating and financial performance. GPR is engaged across multiple levels of internal management reporting, providing key decision support to Group leadership.
Do work that matters
As a manager in the GFPR team, this role plays a key part in the successful execution of the priorities outlined above. This role is also involved in the Basel III Pillar 3 (P3) reporting process.
Your duties will include:
- Pre-preparation of the PA document ahead of period end.
- Perform peer reporting benchmarking analysis.
- Onboarding of external contractors for the half year end and year end processes.
- Drafting timelines and responsibility schedules, liaison to multiple stakeholders to ensure compliance with submission deadlines.
- Take ownership for the preparation and ongoing review of certain sections of the PA.
- Document owner for the P3.
- Manage the Quality Review of the P3.
- Drive the PA and P3 content sign off process.
- Coordination of PA and P3 finalisation for submission to ELT and Board, and for print and release to the market.
- Coordinate period end administration.
- Ad-hoc analysis and team support.
- Articulate key business drivers, provide critical insights to drive debate, and deliver value-add analysis to internal stakeholders.
- Compilation of monthly reports for review by senior management.
- Drawing on business knowledge to provide in depth analysis on divisional monthly performance, interrogating financial results and key metrics.
- Develop guidance and facilitate training on critical period end processes.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders outside of divisional finance and Group Finance Reporting and Analysis, including Risk Management, Group Treasury and Group Capital.
- Seek out productivity improvements across our key Group processes.
- Drive a resilient and vibrant team culture.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Chartered trained, with a couple of years’ post qualification experience (banking ideal).
- Strong analytical and commercial skills.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Agility to respond to multiple requests and reprioritise work flow accordingly.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Applications close: 23 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.