Senior Analyst, Retail Models
- We support a successful business
- We provide key risk & business insights
- We perform interesting and challenging work at CommBank
See yourself in our team
Risk & Value Measurement is a team within Risk Management that is responsible for developing models and performing advanced analytics across the Group to provide key risk and business insights. The team develops estimates for Probability of Default, Loss Given Default and Exposure at Default for credit portfolios, including retail and non-retail. These estimates are used for capital and provisioning purposes across all CBA lending business units, including ASB and Bankwest. The team also develops capital estimates for operational risk across the Group.
Reporting to the Manager Retail Models, Risk and Value Measurement.
Do work that matters
- Model Development:
- Actively participating in projects to develop, enhance and generate insights for retail credit risk portfolios, by building statistical models and performing analyses with sound application of advanced statistical and econometric techniques including, but not limited to, Time Series Analysis, Macroeconomic Modelling and Non-linear Regression, using R and SAS;
- Working with the Group Data Warehouse and other data sources, as well as key data-related projects, to obtain and prepare data for modelling purposes as required; this will involve working with SAS, Teradata SQL, or other related tools;
- Thoroughly documenting the modelling results and the thought process around the choice of modelling methodology in a concise and user-friendly form, to enable stakeholders to independently validate the final model and assess its impact.
- Business Impact:Assessing the business impact of the models including changes to the Expected Loss, Capital and Risk Weighted Assets as a result of model improvements or refreshes;
- Interacting with stakeholders within business units and group model validation teams to seek input and share results on model development efforts as needed.
We are interested in hearing from people who possess
- 3-5 years model development experience. Familiarity or experience with the Basel regulatory standards and relevant APRA regulations regarding credit risk, and IFRS 9 provisioning standards is an advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, including ability to interpret and report complex material and make sound recommendations to a range of stakeholders.
- Diligent, collaborative and entrepreneurial work-style delivering error-free output using innovative techniques and working with teams across the unit to drive improved risk analytics
- A solid foundation in applying advanced mathematical and statistical techniques and familiarity/experience with relevant tools such as R, SAS, Python and SQL, conducting modelling, data manipulation and data visualisation;
- Tertiary qualifications, with above average academic achievements, in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, econometrics, actuarial science, engineering and data science.
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion.
With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Applications close: 17 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.